Thursday, January 7, 2010

I really am a huge slacker when it comes to this blogging thing, for those of you who care, sorry! We had a great Christmas and New Years with our families and friends in Indy! It was a great time to escape and somewhat forget what was awaiting us back in Michigan! There have been people working very hard at our house in the last few weeks, new furnace has been installed, basement has been resealed, carpets cleaned, one room recarpeted, air purifiers and fans have been running, and a lot of cleaning has been done....needless to say there is still a pretty potent smell of fuel oil in our house! We are going to continue to try and get rid of the smell, but not sure what else will help! I've realized that all of our stuff may not be leaving this house, because it will take the smell with it for sure! We've somewhat gotten used to the smell but when I leave the house or go outside I can smell it on my clothes and in my hair even, so that's a bad deal!! Anyway that is our drama.. just trying to deal...it is snowing here as it is in Indy, although we already have about a foot on the ground...oh well, what's a few more inches, Right? Well no more rambling thoughts right now, i'm pretty focused, so maybe another time! Peace....

1 comment:

  1. Guess I can't say anything about your sparse posts when I haven't touched my own blog since... ummm.... June??? Yikes, I can not even imagine dealing with all of that!!! We have a couple of kerosene heaters but can't use them because I can't take the smell. Vinegar works for removing a lot of smells but not sure about fuel oil, it's cheap, may be worth a try, just use a spray bottle and try it on something small! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete